DUSA Executive elections – Vice President of Community role
Find out more about the role and its responsibilities.
You can only apply for one position so read them all to find the role you are best suited for.
- Non-sabbatical part-time role
- Start date: 1 July
- End date: 30 June
This role might be for you if you can
Work hard to reach underrepresented student groups and connect them with opportunities to enhance their student experience
Develop and foster a strong student community whether students live and study locally, nationally or internationally
Bring a passion for extra-curricular activity which enhances students employability and career prospects
About the role
The role of Vice President of Community (VPC) allows you to take a leading role in working with under-represented groups and, in conjunction with your fellow Executive members, improve partnership between students and the wider community.
The post holder plays a critical role in supporting the integration of underrepresented students to take part in extra-curricular activities, representation and employment opportunities. This is to ensure that they don’t miss out on the chance to enhance their experience.
Working with DUSA’s professional staff team and fellow representatives Executives, they will be expected to develop, organise and run a range of events to engage students in volunteering and employability, helping students to develop their skills and experience.
- Flexible working hours – fit your work around your studies (however there will be some meetings you are required to attend, notice on such occasions will be given far in advance and meetings will be moved to accommodate you when possible)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Gain valued work experience and training opportunities with professionals within event management, campaign planning, digital marketing, public relations, team management, academic support and many more
- Join the DUSA team and work alongside other dedicated student representatives, looking to give back to the community
- Full Job Training
- Networking – Establishing working relationships between the University of Dundee, DUSA, private and public organizations to promote citizenship and the relationship between Dundee City and the University of Dundee’s student population
- Take forward the planning, organisation and actioning of employability and engagement events/campaigns
- Working with your fellow representatives, DUSA and University staff to achieve organisational and team goals
Be present at various meetings, this includes working groups, the SRC and some meetings with the University
- Admin work, including providing timely responses to dozens of emails from students, university staff, DUSA Management.
- Engage students in the many services and opportunities DUSA provide
- Network with key University and DUSA staff, including DUSA’s senior management team
- Support the running of DUSAs advice centre, The Hive, supporting and advising students face to face
- Support your fellow Exec members in various campaigns – working as a close team on a daily basis to achieve more than you could alone
Other important responsibilities include:
- Organise events/campaigns to meet the engagement objectives you set yourself at the beginning of your year
- Support fellow Exec members to help organise projects to the benefit of the students you represent
- Find new ways to get students involved in volunteering, employability and representation
Your success will be measured by
Timely and accurate reports on events and campaigns you helped organise
Number of attendees at events/campaigns you organise
Awareness of you and your role within the general student body
The strategic objectives you help achieve for DUSA, through working with our senior management team
Feedback from students you have supported and/or worked with