Disability Support

We have a wealth of resources to help students with disabilities get the most of their studies in Dundee.

Support at the University of Dundee

Disability Services

Disability Services provides a range of confidential support services for disabled students.

This includes students with

Physical and sensory impairments
Mental health difficulties

The service is confidential and will ask students’ permission to disclose their individual support requirements to specific University staff in order for appropriate support to be put in place. They do not share any further details of the nature of your disability or any confidential reports without your consent.

The Snug

Our Advice & Support drop-in room is now open. 

Visit us to get help on a range of issues.

External Support

Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)

Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) is support to cover the study-related costs you have because of a mental health problem, long term illness or any other disability. This can be on its own or in addition to any student finance you get. The type of support and how much you get depends on your individual needs and not your household income.

LEAD Scotland

LEAD Scotland is a national charity supporting disabled people and carers by providing personalised learning, befriending, advice and information services.

Personal Independance Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs if you have a long term physical or mental health condition or disability. The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself. You’ll be assessed by a health professional to work out the level of help you can get.

Disability Information Scotland (DIS)

Disability Information Scotland (DIS) provide reliable, accurate and accessible information for people living with disabilities in Scotland, from Blue Badges to help with PIP.

Contact Our Advice & Support Team

Advice & Support