We had our most successful St Patrick’s Day ever on Tuesday, March 17th 2015.
Record numbers of students and their guests attended from early in the morning to the wee small hours of the next day.
Check out some of the photos from Tuesday below.
Be part of a team and work with others to enhance the student experience at Dundee.
Raise the profile of DUSA events for the week.
Meet new people and have fun.
Nominate your lecturer, adviser or tutor for an award for their excellence in teaching, advising, support, inspiration and talent and you can be in with a chance to win a brand new iPad. Please Note: We are aware that you may not receive confirmation of your nomination after submitting on this page, but you should receive an email confirmation within the next 30 minutes. If you do not receive anything please contact email@example.com
- Most Inspirational Teaching (undergraduate, postgraduate, graduate tutor)
- There are 3 awards available in this category – for (i) an undergraduate teacher; (ii) a postgraduate teacher; and (iii) a graduate tutor who is currently studying for a postgraduate qualification or has recently become a graduate. In this category we are looking for an engaging and inspirational teacher who has drawn the best out of their students. We are looking for someone who has maximised the academic potential of individuals through the care, dedication and inspiration they bring to their teaching.
- Innovation in Teaching
- The winner of this award category will be someone who has utilised new methods of teaching in order to engage students. For example, an individual who has focused on innovative ways of carrying out labwork or someone who teaches their lectures in an exciting way you’ve never seen before. We are looking for someone who has moved away from the standard lecture or tutorial format and provides something different and exciting that supports your learning.
- Best Use of New Technology
- Over the past few years the University has invested a lot of money in new technology to improve the student experience, and this award will be given to someone who has used some of this new technology in an innovative and exciting way. Maybe they’ve found a great way to embed the new reading lists software into their module, or they’re using DJCAD’s new 3D printers in intriguing ways. We want someone who doesn’t just use the new technology because they have to, but someone who does it because they want to.
- Best Feedback and Assessment
- Do you feel that one teacher in particular has provided you with incredibly constructive feedback? Has someone taken the time to carefully explain how you can learn from your mistakes or improve upon already positive academic work? Then they might be a potential winner in this category. Here we are looking for someone who has worked with you to develop your academic performance through feedback on your assessments and examinations. If you feel you have benefited from excellence in feedback then nominate your lecturer or tutor for this award.
- Best Adviser or Personal Tutor
- Every student is assigned a member of academic staff to provide advice and support throughout that student’s time at University. You might only meet this person at the start of each academic year – however the best student advisers maintain contact with their students and help students effectively to resolve any major problems they face in their University career.We are looking for someone who is responsive and proactive when it comes to identifying and addressing students’ concerns. We want someone who goes the extra mile and most importantly – listens to you and offers constructive advice.
- Outstanding Enhancement of the Student Experience (Non-Teaching)
- This year for the first time DUSA is honouring non-teaching members of staff at the SLTAs. For this category we would like you to nominate a staff member from the University who has given you an excellent service that has contributed to the enhancement of your experience. Every staff member who is not involved in teaching or marking is eligible. We are looking for someone who has gone above and beyond to ensure that your time at University has been the best it possibly can be.
A week of housing advice and information including tenancy checking, budgeting and bills and a fire safety session.
Your very own Executive Team will be in The Liar between 10.30 – 2.30 to challenge you to a very special game of Monopoloy and answer any of your housing questions.
Come along to the Reception area, Level 2 from 11am to support Shelter Scotland with their latest campaigns – “Illegal Evictions” and “Make Renting Right”
DUSA Housing Advice and information about our new Housing Accreditation Scheme
Live Twitter chat with experienced housing advisers @dusaexec
If you want to influence change at DUSA The Union then submit a motion in our referendum.
Download our information pack to find out everything you need to know to create a motion.