It is important for Sikh students to realise our full potential.
Our aims are to:
- To give a voice and raise issues affecting student members and the Sikh Community generally.
- Organise talks, seminars and workshops on aspects of concern and interest to Sikh members.
- Raise awareness of Sikh practices, culture and customs through discussions and celebration of dates and festivals on the Sikh Calendar.
- Raise understanding of Sikh practices, culture and way of life by production of literature, dissemination of literature, guest speakers and discussions.
- Act as a forum through which the Sikh student community at the institution can meet other Sikh members to socialise amongst themselves, enabling young people to share the same/similar interests and to have fun together.
- Organise leisure/sports events and tournaments – get a wide variety of activities programmed to include everybody particularly the female students.
- Lobby and act on student problems: channel advice through SU and University services.
- Promote a positive image of the Sikh way of life, Sikh community through programmes, charity events and day-to-day actions.