Who are the SRC?
The Students’ Representative Council (SRC) is a forum that ensures the student voice is heard on campus and works to improve your education, facilities, environment and right to a quality University experience. This September stand for election to the SRC and make change happen.
The SRC meets across the academic year to discuss issues that matter to our students and develop solutions and answers to the big questions on campus. Being a member of the SRC not only looks good on your CV, it helps your personal and professional development and can be applied both at university and in your career.
The SRC’s voice is heard at the University and being elected allows you to:
- Work with your fellow students to influence important change on campus
- Work with fellow students and staff to create a better university experience
- Expand your network and enhance your employability.
This year we are working on optimising and defining what the modern SRC at our University will look like. We have set the foundations, now you can get involved in developing a modern Student Representative Council that can help you in your University career and enhance the student experience for our students.
I am very excited to work with you all, and empower our students to become the very best that they can be. Join me on this journey developing solutions to issues raised to us by our students, and see our hard work pay off as we see change around our University.
Anyone can sign up, so why not take the first step to a new University experience for you and nominate yourself today. Let your ideas come to life.Olaf
Important dates for your diary:
- Monday 27th August 5pm – Nominations Open
- Wednesday 12th September 5pm – Nominations Close
- Wednesday 19th September – Candidate Briefing
- Friday 21st September 6pm – Election Launch party, at DUSA Air Bar
- Friday 21st September 7pm – Voting opens
- Thursday 27th September 4pm – Voting closes
- Friday 28th September 7pm – SRC elections results party
- Tuesday 2nd October 6pm – Meet and Greet
- Tuesday 9th October 6pm – SRC First Meeting, DUSA Meeting Rooms
Who do you want to represent you?
Voting Closes on the 27th of September