The University Health Service consists of a medical adviser (doctor) and a mental health nurse. Find out more about the support your university can offer you.
Mental Health Facts and Figures
ISE – Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
We work together with the ISE – Sports Union, the university health service and student services on a whole range of activities and projects with the aim of bringing about practical changes across the whole institution. We want our campus to be a healthier and happier one!
- A boost of happy endorphins
- Lots of quality sleep
- Reduction in stress and anxiety
- Improved brainpower
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
How can sport or exercise help?
- Physical activity 3 times a week can cut your chances of getting depression by about 20%
- 30 mins x 5 a week = Best way to get the most out of sessions of moderate physical activity
- 85% of participants in a study said exercise was ‘helpful’ in alleviating mental health issues
Visit the ISE Gym
More ways to look after your mental health
Colouring in’s a great stress reliever
DUSA has teamed up with DJCAD students to produce a stress busting colouring book on Dundee. Keep a look out for the book during the year. Here’s a little taster for you to download and colour.