Work For Us
As the biggest student employer in the city, the Union offers a range of flexible part-time jobs.
Benefits of working for DUSA include:
• Flexible hours to suit your studies, day or night
• Full training provided, so experience not always required
• Free entry to most Union events
• Meeting loads of new friends
• Enjoying staff Parties and more…
Students are employed throughout DUSA in several areas. Click on a title to read more about that department.
- Working in the bars team involves serving drinks and food to fellow students in any of our bars or nightclubs; Floor 5, Air, Liar, and 2 in Mono. Develop skills in customer service, cash handling and stock control. Learn basic elements of health and safety and food hygiene and have the chance to gain certificates in these areas. Working for the bars team will allow you to meet new people, make friends for life and learn key skills that will aid in future employment. Become good and you could even join the cocktail crew or become a team leader.
- Working in any of the Union’s catering outlets, students have the option to work during lunchtimes, evenings and weekends. You will develop skills in food preparation and production, customer service and cash handling. Working as part of the catering team you will be able to gain certificates in food hygiene as well as learning how to work well in the busy environment.
- Customer Safety Team
- Responsible for all security issues and the health and safety of up to 2500 customers. Duties include conflict resolution, correct application of licensing law, drug searches and seizures, first aid, entry and evacuation procedures. You may also be assisting in major events, securing the stage for high profile acts and artists. Mainly involving night time work, the customer safety team’s job is to ensure all our customers have a great and safe experience in DUSA.
- Entertainments Crew
- This Crew make sure everyone knows what’s going on at the Union. The job involves enticing students into the Union by visiting halls of residence, flyering, putting up poster displays, assisting decorating venues for special events like Halloween, participating in events and taking photos at night. The crew also look after acts and artistes performing in the Union. The Ents Crew are also responsible for assisting in the running of all the events that take place in the Union. They assist in the planning, setup and operation of the nightclubs, live gigs, regular and special events. The crew also look after acts and artistes performing in the Union.
- Working mainly at the front of house in a vibrant, enthusiastic team, duties include; ticket sales, cash handling, controlling entry to venues monitoring venue numbers, cloakroom operation, bar roles and support. As a first and last point of contact excellent customer care skills are a must.
- Working in the award winning ‘Premier at the Union’ convenience store supplying both students and staff with all their requirements. Open 7 days and trading each evening until 10.00pm ( plenty of time to party afterwards ) student staff work both evenings ( 4pm-10pm ) and weekends (various times). Normally working 2 – 3 shifts (10 – 18 hours per week) its hard work but good fun. You must have a good personality, enjoy meeting people and be an excellent team player. If you already have some retail experience then that could be an advantage.
- Technical Crew
- The Technical Crew are involved in setting up and operating lights, sound and AV equipment for all events. They also operate animations and video loops for use during club nights and special events, as well as for advertising events and promos. Tech Crew are also involved in planning & setting up venue decoration, event props and set for all regular and special events.
Students are recruited to join our teams throughout the academic year and applications are always welcomed.
Please complete the application form
and return it to the Reception at the Union or to:
Dundee University Students’ Association,
Airlie Place Dundee,
Telephone: (01382) 386 012